Saturday, June 20, 2009

A NIGHT FIT FOR A TRUE KING; RETIREMENT PARTY FOR MY DAD MILTON BROWN, SR














I know i'm mad late with this, but last Monday was my dad's retirement dinner. After over 35 years working in the New Haven public school system he finally decided to retire. He leaves the feild of ducation as Principle of Urban Youth Middle school. Over the thirty years he's helped guide theminds of inner city youth that have gone astray, into greatness, And the majority of students he's touched along the way are very greatful to have been under his tutledge. However, the night was filled heart felt songs, out puring of words's and just huge amounts of love from those in Education, the church, and all over. I'm very proud of my dad. He's y hero, my inspiration, my support system, my everything. However, one thing he's made clear, he's not retiring because the children are bad. He's retiring because he's tired of teaching lies that are conflicting to his beleif as a pastor of the church and a devot christian. So in his heart he feels a need to bid farewell to education. Congradulations dad.

No comments: